Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Melvin gets a facelift

Well, not exactly. Melvin doesn't get a facelift. But he's working hard at self improvement. (Aren't we all?). Actually, if you read my novel, "The Seed," you'd remember Melvin. He's scuzzy. Overweight. Slightly frantic. On the wrong side of the law . . . and yet, he's lovable. Just not too smart. So, I'm bringing him back to life in John Victor's latest adventure. And, he even gets a girlfriend! Why not? He's become enamored with Tony Robbins, the king of motivators--the prince of self improvement--the U-can-do-it Guru of all time. I guess Melvin's just a metaphor for the human condition.
We can all improve one way or another. With a little effort, the right attitude, and most importantly of all, faith. After all, Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Not a bad way to think--Don'tcha think?

No comments:

Post a Comment