Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hello out there! It's a new world!

Hello out there! After publishing three books and completing eleven paintings, I've decided it's time to join the world and start blogging. I don't know about you, but it's been a strange, unsettling-yet-awesome journey into the world(s) of art and publishing. Most of us know what it's like . . . we swallow our pride and fear and let a friend or relative review our manuscript. And then they yell at us because it was so good they couldn't put it down and didn't get much sleep. And it happens many times, so we think, hey, maybe I can write after all. And then the "professionals" give in to whatever bias is biting their u-no-wuts on that particular day and don't even bother to read it. You know what I'm talking about. That's why a new world has sprung up. POD. Print on Demand. And I'm happy as a pea in a POD to have tried it! Because the people who count . . . the people who might actually read my -- and your -- book(s) can finally have a chance to read them! My latest YA historical fantasy will be "out" thru me by the third week in June and over Amazon, probably some time in July. It's "Johnny Vic's Nautical Adventures". I'll provide the ISBN number in my next posting where I'll start telling a few tales about this journey into the world of art and literature.

1 comment:

  1. This lady has it folks! Energy, faith and a fire burning inside her. Follow this author as she travels through time with Johnny Vic and his adventures! These are good books to share with your grandchildren, your children and yes, your partners in life!

    ReplyDelete