Saturday, July 18, 2009

Christmas in July

July! What a great month, full of things to do. Like tag saling. And summer concerts and annual fairs. A great time to start watching for Christmas presents. And, a great time to make them. I recently got the inspiration to pull out the modgepodge. I decoupaged everything I could think of. Took prints of my paintings and stuck them on decorative wood and china plaques. Took my Johnny Vic logo and decoupaged a small wooden box to hold rocks from Johnny Vic's gold mine (The Moore Creek Gold Mine in Alaska.) I recently decoupaged part of one of my paintings onto the brim of my faded golf cap. Got some family pictures? It's a great, easy way to make personal presents. Hey, maybe Melvin and his girlfriend will do some decoupaging in the next John Victor book . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment